Much needed rest day.


The only cycling for me today is happening in Paris. Final day of the tour is on the telly and the coffee is already in the cup.

Will be doing my best to crank back the mileage this week and relax in preparation for next weekend's ride. For those that don't know, Lenae, Gretchen, Chris and I have signed up for the 21st Covington Century Bike Ride. http://covingtoncentury.org The bicycle ride offers route options of 30, 50, 80, and 100 miles and is well known for being the fastest ride in Georgia.

Apparently they put out a pace car at 25 mph for the nuts who want to try to ride a sub 4 hour Century. We will be riding the Century but will most definitly not be shooting for the sub 4 goal. We will be shooting for a 15 mph pace and a 6 hour finish. I've been so focused on training to ensure I could actually finish, I had forgotten how crazy this ride sounds. Feels very much like the marathon David talked me into signing up for a few years ago. Due to a blown knee, I never made it to that marathon. I'm very excited about finishing this ride.

I will of course be taking along the phone and posting photos and updates from the ride. You can follow along on Twitter or Facebook if you are interested.

Wish us luck. Or more appropriately, say a prayer for us (several of them actually).



0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 scribbles
BloggerTheme by BloggerThemes | Design by 9thsphere