rainy afternoons


The first Friday of the new year. Rainy and cold. Perfect opportunity to sit and quietly ponder all things quiet. Which usually lands me in a book. Managed a chapter in the James Lee Burke novel I've been working on before getting bored.

Moved to the rain soaked back yard with a glass of port and the new Billy Collins collection of poems, Ballistics. Collins takes everyday events, a walk to the mailbox, everyday items, salt & pepper shakers, and turns them into fascinating revelations about life.

If you are already a fan of poetry you are probably familiar with Billy. If you aren't, this is a great place to start.

2 comments:

maysville said...

Do you realize how envious I can become of you Dad? You're so poetic and you take life at whatever pace you want for the day. I hope one day I can be like you and wake up at 6 in the morning and be awake, read poetry and know what its talking about, and dream like nobody is watching. I love you:)

maysville said...

oh by the way that was your daughter:)
-Jess

 
Copyright 2009 scribbles
BloggerTheme by BloggerThemes | Design by 9thsphere